1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I think around fifteen. I remember having a palette of beautiful eyeshadows but having no idea what to do with it. HA It was in a tin case and for sentimental reasons I wish I still had it. I think it was maybelline.
2. How did you get into makeup?
I got back into makeup due to a combination of youtube and my son saying my skin looks ugly. I know kids say things to not be hurtful … BUT they say the truth!! I have since turned my skin around and found a passion.
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
4. What does makeup mean to you?
Simply, a way to be creative and feel as good on the outside as I do on the inside. Or if my inside isn’t feel good it makes me feel more confident etc.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
BB cream, lip gloss, eyebrows, and mascara
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
The variety and how the sky is the limit.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup?
I use and have both. Why spend more if the quality is the same or better. I do think though in some makeup areas High End trumps drugstore, like most eye shadows but indie companies can trump high end in that department as well.
8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?
Go natural at first then work your way up to more colorful looks.
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Bright not natural at all lip colors. Black, Gray,… pretty much the NYX macaroon lipsticks right now. I have seen some people really pull them off though.
10. What do you think about the beauty community on Youtube/Blogging community?
I think it can be a place of such sisterhood and I have met amazing people BUT there is a dark side which is sad. Let’s just all love each other OR just shut up. 😀
I was not specifically tagged for this but I am thankful it was posted on the FB page for Beauty and Fashion. Check out my past blog hops with these beautiful ladies.
Comments, questions, random thoughts please leave below. And check out my social media’s to the right 😀